4/22/17

The April Myna Birds flock includes 16 Runner-Up Poems from the recent chapbook submissions to Blood Pudding Press!

Happy Weekend and Happy Poetry Month!

This April Myna Birds flock includes 16 Runner-Up Poems from the recent chapbook submissions to Blood Pudding Press!

Poems by Eileen Murphy, Alyssa Yankwitt, Craig Firsdon, Paul David Adkins, Victor Clevenger, Erin Renee Wahl, Jennifer MacBain-Stephens, Zoë Sîobhan Howarth-Lowe, A.S. Coomer, E Kristin Anderson, Ava C. Cipri, Reuben Woolley, Valerie Loveland, Julie Jacob, Alexis Bates, and Tom Montag!

***

Every day she tells me a hundred times to kill myself - like a smooth monster skull cracking a jawline - a skulking dribble of blood - a skeleton's body sideways - closer to the wrong side of grief - there's an earth in here somewhere - with no ability to see the stars falling - dead as a washed-up squid - I drown my fingers like they are 10 little snakes - and there are things I don’t understand - myths filled with fear - clarity and imperfections frozen before melting - perpetually stuck with this painful disability - I couldn’t burn the fever images out of my head - follow the gaze to the remains of a seagull, withered in death & rot - Something flutters in the dying light.

***

HERE - http://13myna.blogspot.com/

***

In case anyone missed the announcement of the Blood Pudding Press chapbooks selected for publication this year, here's a link to that news:

http://bloodyooze.blogspot.com/2017/04/new-announcement-of-three-new-blood.html

Also, I will be adding a few poems from some of the Finalists on this Blood Pudding Press blog next month.

And also, the May flock of Myna Birds is already full (forthcoming in about a month), but I am still considering Myna Birds submissions for June...

No comments: