1/26/24

A NEW Book Essay Review of Juliet Cook's latest poetry chapbook, "Your Mouth Is Moving Backwards" - Violence of Craft: Your Mouth is Moving Backwards by Juliet Cook Reviewed by Mike Bagwell at Philly Poetry Chapbook Review

A phenomenal, intense, in depth, detailed, and wonderful new Book Essay Review by Mike Bagwell at Philly Poetry Chapbook Review of Juliet Cook's newest poetry chapbook, "Your Mouth Is Moving Backwards" (Ethel Zine & Micro-Press)!

Here's one small piece of the review. You can read more via the link below that.

And then below that are links to where you can acquire the chapbook.

"The cover’s disembodied mouth and layers of facial abstraction stared up at me from a blood-red page as if ready to cry out. And as I read, food and candle wax inhabited the pages as readily as the poet’s words. The book became my own, just as its violence became my own. Every aspect of this book reflects its subject. Your Mouth is Moving Backwards is a thorough and fun examination of the grotesque made exquisite by its handbound form."

Read more HERE - https://phillychapbookreview.org/violence-of-craft-your-mouth-is-moving-backwards-by-juliet-cook/

You can acquire the chapbook through its publisher here - https://www.ethelzine.com/your-mouth-is-moving-backwards

OR from Cook's Blood Pudding Press shop here - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1653667391/new-your-mouth-is-moving-backwards-a-new

2 comments:

Nicholas Hayes said...

Hi Juliet,
My name is Nicholas Alexander Hayes, and I am a feature editor at Your Impossible Voice. I found Your Mouth is Moving Backwards very engaging and wanted to see if you would be interested in participating in an interview series (in which authors discuss their books as well as other books that are important to them). I am happy to share more information.

Juliet Blood Pudding said...

Hello Nicholas,
Thank you very much about Your Mouth is Moving Backwards and yes I would be very interested in participating in an interview series. Thank you for asking me. Please feel free to send more information via my email address at Julietcoo@gmail.com (no k after the coo). Thanks again and I look forward to hearing more.