7/23/26

NEW! Juliet Cook reviews the poetry collection, {f}ragile Nests by Pella {f}elton!

Check out this new review written by Juliet Cook about Pella Felton's new uniquely wonderful poetry collection, {f}ragile Nests (published by Roadside Press) and then consider buying a copy of the book if you don't have one yet.

Thank you to The Literary Underground for publishing Cook's review.

Here is a link to the whole review, followed by a few snippets from the review - https://theliteraryunderground.org/blog/2026/07/23/juliet-cook-reviews-fragile-nests-by-pella-felton/

***

"The beginning of the book involves an interesting and multifaceted Prologue, which expresses, among many other contradictory complexities, “I co[m]e fro[m] a box that should not exist”. But Pella’s box definitely does exist (within many different facets and interconnections), definitely deserves to exist, and definitely deserves to be viewed, heard, read, and explored."

one snippet from the review; read more by clicking the link above

***

"I’ve also been thinking about glass cages and glass coffins lately (in part, because I’m repeatedly inserting glass coffins into a small series of interconnected poems I’m in the process of working on) and so I visualized Pella’s box (or one of them) as a glass coffin she was breaking through. Breaking through a glass mirror or a glass coffin involves cracks and shards and wounds but once the glass is broken through something new may emerge. Something that has been somewhat hiding inside oneself for quite some time (like a poem) and shall now be revealed in varying phases and styles and degrees"

another snippet from the review; read more by clicking the link above

No comments: