9/5/15

New! Bone of My Bone by Nicole Rollender is now officially available!

Bone of My Bone by Nicole Rollender is now newly available, as of September 5 2015!

HERE - 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/246781871/new-bone-of-my-bone-by-nicole-rollender?ref=shop_home_active_1


















The third and final Contest Winning Blood Pudding Press poetry chapbook of 2015 includes 16 poems focused on birth, death, the body in between, and what is divine.

What if you lose a life before it even comes out of you? 

How is life combined with skin and bone and spine and marrow and femurs and skulls?

From cracking and contracting; from breaking down to floating away - will you sink, will you drown, will you rise up higher? 

From torture and fear and numbness to in-depth internal connections between this life and the next.
Bone of My Bone will haunt you and taunt your thoughts in different directions.

Bone of My Bone will disturb you and urge you to consider what life is worth to you and what might happen next. 

***

Bone of My Bone has already gotten attention.

You can read the poet's original perspectives on her own work in several different places:

In this H_NGM_N Book Interview here - http://h-ngm-n.tumblr.com/post/127159192089/chpbk-qs-and-as-with-nicole-rollender

In this Tinderbox Editions Interview here - http://www.tinderboxeditions.blogspot.com/2015/08/book-interview-bone-of-my-bone-by.html

You can also read the first review of Bone of My Bone, by Alessandra Bava, at Sabotage Reviews here - http://sabotagereviews.com/2015/09/01/flesh-of-my-flesh-a-review-of-bone-of-my-bone-by-nicole-ross-rollender/

***

"Maybe this is just a form 
of sleep. Your fingers curled around an oar. 
We’d have to break metacarpals and phalanges 
to separate your hand from the waves
and the stones. The sinking 
under the moon, the overturn,
dirt still underneath nails. Your ceramic 
tongue, your ruined eyes, three lost ribs."
from the poem "The Preparation of the Body"

No comments: