6/11/19

Poet Spotlight: Juliet Cook on dolls, body, and uncomfortable poetry

"Personally, I sometimes wonder why certain things cause me to feel uncomfortable or embarrassed or guilty — and exploring such things poetically is part of my attempt to reveal parts of myself instead of hiding myself. I feel like if I hid too much inside myself, I’d be terribly unhappy because I’d feel invisible, somewhat fake, and unreal. But oftentimes I don’t really know how other people feel about my poetry and so I still feel somewhat invisible even after I repeatedly share myself that way. Overall though, I guess I’d rather generate discomfort to certain others instead of feeling unreal to myself."

Poet and Blood Pudding Press editor Juliet Cook has an Interview up today, focused on her poetry chapbook, "DARK PURPLE INTERSECTIONS (inside my Black Doll Head Irises)" and lots of other poetry stuff too.
Thank you very much to Andrea Blythe for including me in her Poet Spotlight!

HERE - 
https://www.andreablythe.com/2019/06/11/poet-spotlight-juliet-cook/?fbclid=IwAR1aJQeRKvnEdsuOxJ0-FTY0qjRkl-a0hDfC0vl2fMx4sG_sKpaAXC1f-Oc

No comments: