2/18/22

New! A collaborative poem by j/j hastain and Juliet Cook, SUBLIMINAL BODY JEWELRY IS THE NEW LEADER, is newly appearing in BigCityLit!

"Within one week, three nose rings flew out of my nose,
hit the floor and quickly dispersed.
A month later one of them submerged
from the carpeting and sky rocketed up to the ceiling
like a tiny UFO. It wanted my nose to join it.

Next thing I knew I was missing my vertebrae,
sequined maggots were stitched to the top of my ears
and invertebrate inventory was being conducted
on my hair..."

***

Happy Friday!

A collaborative poem by j/j hastain and Juliet Cook, "Subliminal Body Jewelry Is The New Leader" is newly appearing in the new issue of BigCityLit

The lines above are the beginning of the poem and you can read more by clicking this link -
https://nycbigcitylit.com/article/subliminal-body-jewelry-is-the-new-leader/

No comments: