3/22/09

new interview and review at Prick of the Spindle

Hi. I kind of feel like I'm runnung out of self-promo steam or maybe it's just a glitch, but lately I've been struggling with how to get the word out there about new projects and credits and literary developments that are important and exciting to me without seeming like some obnxious over-inundater or self-indulgent narcissist. Any words of insight from other artists or literary types about how they negotiate this balance would be most welcome.

Because my creative announcements are going to keep coming (because I keep working on creative projects) and I don't want to oversaturate (or do I?), but I do want to make these little annoucements available.

So here's the latest one: I have a new interview in Prick of the Spindle, Volume 3.1, as well as a new review of my book 'Horrific Confection'. Both the interview and the review were conducted by writer/editor, Cynthia Reeser. My interview with her was a thought-provoking exchange for me personally and might be of interest to some others, as well. Part of it deals with my inspirations for 'Horrific Confection', but part of it also deals with poetic landscapes, small-scale feminism, DIY publishing, and more--inlcuding Blood Pudding Press.

It also makes mention of a few poets who have been published by Blood Pudding Press, a few upcoming projects from Blood Pudding Press, and a few other poets who have especially interested me in recent years.

Check it out if so inclined, here:

http://www.prickofthespindle.com/

Feel free to let me know what you think.

XO. Juliet

2 comments:

Ryan W. Bradley said...

this was great. thanks for the link, i hadn't seen POTS before.

Juliet Blood Pudding said...

Thanks!

Yes, it's a newish magazine, but quite good.