6/13/17

NEW! Thirsty Bones by Sarah Lilius is now newly available from Blood Pudding Press!

Thirsty Bones is a NEW Blood Pudding Press 2017 poetry chapbook, containing 20 poems by Sarah Lilius.
A powerful emotional political statement about the female body. How it can be viewed and treated like a toy, victimized, abused and then just overlooked or ignored. How it can live on, fight back, and will not be silenced and will not feel obligated to keep its own experiences or genuine feelings or individual self a secret.
How nobody else should think they have the power to be in charge of your own body based choices.
***
"Not many know this of me.
I open my mouth to speak the words,
it blooms like bloody heads crowning,
it’s a release, my face hot and shamed.
The words, stone birds sitting on a wire,
unable to make bleak sounds
of warning.

My silence, the place I hide, overgrown
with weeds, they smell fresh,
shaking their seeds from green heads.

Now it’s laid out like a snake suddenly
on a table, I want to cut off the head,
feed it to my rapist in the dark.

And when he screams NO,
maybe I’ll take it out or maybe
I’ll make him eat it
with open eyes."

from the poem "[ ] Culture" by Sarah Lilius, within her poetry chapbook, Thirsty Bones, newly available from the Blood Pudding Press shop HERE - https://www.etsy.com/listing/522718674/new-thirsty-bones-by-sarah-lilius-2017?ref=shop_home_feat_1

***

No comments: