12/11/18

A wonderful NEW review of Juliet Cook's poetry chapbook, "SOFT FOAM"!

Another wonderful review by Casey Kiser, of another Blood Pudding Press poetry chapbook by Juliet Cook, "Soft Foam"!

"Currently, my absolute favorite Juliet Cook collection. Though, I have a lot to go. 
I got half-way through and had to call my drug dealer. 
I put her poetry in the genre of gateway drug ;)
This is some fine-tuned chaotic brilliance. An insomniac's delight. 
She is quite a master of words. Every poem in this one left me drooling. 
Absolute favorites: ALL OF THEM, 'Squiggles in Wonderland'.
Maybe, once I collect all Juliet's books, I will just giveaway my tv.

'This drunk compliments my legs.
I compliment my own legs in my head
in an other's voice. All it takes
to induce another fantasy.'

-From 'Sink or Float (drunk fantasy)"

***

You can acquire your own copy of "Soft Foam" from the Blood Pudding Press shop here - https://www.etsy.com/listing/59222402/soft-foam-by-juliet-cook?ref=shop_home_active_16

You can also read it for free online here -http://www.dusie.org/Dusie%204%20pdfs/Juliet%20Cook%20Dusie%204%20chap.pdf

No comments: